Beginners Weaving Workshop
Fall, 2017, McRitchie-Hollis Museum
What you’ll learn
- Basic terminology
- How to wind a warp
- How to dress a loom
- Basic skills and shortcuts
- Hand and loom manipulated techniques
Four 3-hour classes conducted on consecutive Friday afternoons beginning December 29th, 2017.
|First Session||December 29, 10am – 12:30pm
|Second Session||January 5, 10am – 12:30pm
|Third Session||January 12, 10am – 12:30pm
|Fourth Session||January 19, 10am – 12:30pm
This is a hands-on learning experience taught using demonstration, practice, trouble-shooting, and discussion. You’ll complete one project in this four week session. Workshops are limited to FOUR participants.
Workshop cost is $100 per participant.
This class is held upstairs at the Hollis-McRitchie Museum and is hosted by the Newnan-Coweta Historical Society. The address is 74 Jackson Street, Newnan, GA. The parking lot entrance is on Clark Street.
No prior weaving experience is required…just interest and enthusiasm:)
What to bring
- Project Bag
- Paper and pen
Any questions you might have prior to class can be addressed to:
AnnLynns website can be found here.
- Note-taking is encouraged and recommended.
- Photos may be taken with permission of the instructor.
- This is an opportunity to experience and learn about a unique and historically significant art form…come curious and prepared to make something amazing!